Monday, May 30, 2005

Remotion

Moving is change. Change is inevitable. So why am I still in shock?

Well, maybe I am not in shock. Maybe I'm in denial. I can't believe that I will be moving out of the home that I have grown accustomed to for almost 23 years of my life.

It all started out last October, our house burnt. To give a slight background, we live in a four-door apartment with 1 big house and 3 small ones. We were living on the big one with my grandfather. The adjacent unit was occupied by my uncle who is now residing elsewhere. The last two doors are my aunt's. One is for their office and the other is their residence. So that's the set-up. The big house burnt. It started on the 3rd floor. Fortunately, it also ended there. In short, not everything was turned into ash. We moved to the next door since my uncle and his family is basically not living there anymore. They just needed a place to stay if they will have a need to make an overnight stay in Manila. We got settled. We were living a pseudo-normal life again.

Then my grandfather died on February. Funerals were done. Tears were shed. The last will and testament was accomplished. Lives needed to be redesigned.

This event prompted us to re-plan our lives. We ventured in having the burnt unit rebuilt. We also considered buying a new property and selling the old one. The inheritance was distributed to my mom and her siblings. The property was divided accordingly and the corner/burnt unit was assigned to my mom. Since we are living at the second door already, we needed to move out. Although no one is forcing us to move, we didn't want that moment to happen. So we decided to move as soon as possible, may it be to a newly built house located just beside our current residence or to a newly bought property somewhere else.

We examined our options. If we will have the burnt unit rebuilt, we would need to supervise and focus much of our attention to the construction of the new house. We don't have that luxury since my mom and I are both working. This realization prompted us to look for a NEW home. A better house.The hunt for the relocation site, if you may, is really tedious. Who would have known that having a joy ride around town that had a serious purpose is not equally fun as doing it just for the heck of it. We went north, south, west, east, northeast, and so on and so forth. Including places that we really have never been to before, those were also not missed.

After a few weekends spent of the sole purpose of finding a better place to live in, a broker informed my Mom of a place in Cainta that was within our budget range. It was actually perfect cause it has the appropriate number of rooms and to top it off, I would have a place of my own.

The property has 3 structures in it. The main house has 4 rooms in it. It is spacious and has a lovely marble floor. It has a small bathroom that we will be converting into a guest's powder room. It also has a main bath room with a so so sooo soothing tub. It only has 1 floor but there is a four-step stairway to the bedrooms. (I don't know if that will be considered as two-storey.) The house does have a good vibe to it. It does feel like home already.

The second structure is at the back of the main house. It is built on top of the kitchen. It is the maid's quarters. It has it's own T&B and receiving area.


The third one is a two-storey apartment type structure with two rooms at the second floor and it also has it's own kitchen, dining, T&B, as well as a living room. That part of the property was graciously allocated for me by my Mom. I now have a place to call my own. Not only a room, but a real house.

After 3 visits, they shook hands. SOLD.

We're now on our way in renovating the small details that we want to personalize. The unofficial moving date will be on June 18, 2005. House blessing will be announced. I'll keep you all posted.

These changes did come to me as a shock. Now, I think I am in awe. In awe to have a new place. In awe because of my "secured" independence. In awe that I do have a place to call my own. In awe to be starting over.

I am grateful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

naks! bagong bahay! ayos!

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home